Provides direct and indirect
services to the surgical patient under the supervision of the
professional nurse and performs tasks as necessary for the efficient and
effective functioning of the operating room, as well as the delivery of
quality of care.
Experience in ENT, Podiatry, GI, Ortho, Gyn, Urology, Plastics, General, and Pain.
1. Effective communication skills with the RN, patient and physician(s)
2. Assures patient/personal safety by maintaining a safe and therapeutic environment
3. Ensures proper instrumentation for each procedure
4. Follows all principles of sterile technique
5. Ability to function as a member of the surgical team
6. Ability to perform tasks of a scrub technician
7. Participates in all counts (instrument, sponge sharps ,etc.) as necessary Care and handling of surgical instruments
8. Aseptic technique
9. Principles of Standard Precautions
10. Principles of decontamination and sterilization
11. Assists with maintenance of supplies and equipment
12. Ability to function independently without constant supervision
13. Help to check dates on expirables, i.e. medication, chemicals, equipment, etc….
14. Maintains and keeps up-to-date with established Center/departmental policies and procedures
15. Maintains confidentiality of patient and Center related business.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
-Experience in ENT, Podiatry, GI, Ortho, Gyn, Urology, Plastics, General, and Pain.
1. Graduate of an accredited school of surgical technology/ or TX LVN license
2. Certified in surgical technology preferred (CST or CORT)
3. Minimum 1 year experience
4. Current BLS required
5. Compliance with continuing and mandatory education program