Responsible for perform various office and clinical duties to keep the clinic running efficiently. Our Medical Assistant will work directly with healthcare practice staff to collect test samples, maintain patient records, explain common medical procedures to patients and assist in basic examinations
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES The primary responsibility of the Medical Assistant is to assist in the delivery of health care and patient care management for the primary care practice. This will include actively participating and supporting primary clinical teams with these efforts. The Medical Assistant will behave in a professional manner and consistently demonstrate and promote the core values of the organization. The Medical Assistant will work with and receive supervision from the physicians, nurse practitioners or physician assistants.
- Use of computer Applications
- Answering Phones
- Greets patient
- Taking medical histories
- Explaining treatments and procedures to patients
- Preparing patients for examination using Rooming Guidelines
- Performs basic laboratory tests
- Provides instruction to the patient regarding medications and diet
- Prepares and administers medications as directed by the Physician
- Authorizes prescription refills as directed
- Performs phlebotomy as ordered
- Prepare, clean and maintain exam and treatment rooms, as well as supplies and equipment.
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Monitor controls of CLIA waived tests.
- Regularly work with the inbox as per protocol and standards.
- Performs EKG as ordered or indicated by Rooming Guidelines
- Performs suture removal and dressing changes as ordered.
- Works collaboratively with all member of the team to effectively manage our patient population.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities at this time.
CROSS FUNCTIONAL AND EXTERNAL WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
This position will have key relationships with our Nurse Managers, Director of Nursing and Operations Director.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Active BLS certification
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited school of medical assisting
- Certification of Medical Assisting
- Experience with Athena practice management software
- Performs appropriate handwashing
- Prepares items for autoclaving
- Differentiates between normal and abnormal test results
- Participates in Bloodborne pathogen training and selects appropriate PPE
- Complies with safety signs, symbols and labels
- Demonstrates proper disposal of biohazardous material
- Uses proper body mechanics
- Utilizes EMR to assist with coordination of care
- Properly documents patient encounters
- Performs Medication reconciliation and identifies “gaps” during patient visits.
- The ability to sit for extended periods of time
- The ability to view and type at a computer terminal for extended periods of time
The ability to lift and/or move 10 pounds on an occasion
Job Type: Full-time
- Medical Assisting: 2 years
- Family practice/ Internal medicine practice: 2 years
- Certified Medical Assistant: 2 years